Description of AICAR:
- Chemical formula – C9H15N4O8P
- Weight – average weight (338.2)
- Molecular weight – 2 Da
- Aminoimidazole-4-carboxamide ribonucleotide
- 5′-phosphoribosyl-5-amino-4-imidazole carboxamide
In inosine monophosphate production, AICAR is an intermediary. AICAR is an AMP (adenosine monophosphate) analog that stimulates the activity of AMPK (AMP-dependent protein kinase). In the year 1980, AICAR was used for the first time as a medication to block blood flow to the heart region during surgery.
This medicine is currently used to treat diabetes and to enhance the muscles or tissues of the body. Additionally, AMPK activity can influence muscle physiology, endurance, and spatial memory.
Mechanism of action:
The adenosine analog AICAR reaches cardiac cells and inhibits adenosine deaminase and kinase. During cardiac ischemia, this entry increases the rate of nucleotide resynthesis, resulting in an increase in adenosine production from APM (adenosine monophosphate).
Accadesine phosphorylates to AICA Ribonucleotide (AICAR) in cardiac myocytes to activate AMPK without even affecting the nucleotide levels. AICAR can also enter the de novo synthesis route for adenosine production and inhibit the concentration of adenosine deaminase. This cascade causes an increase in ATP concentration, as well as an increase in adenosine levels.
Role of AICAR in Motor coordination and cognition:
A reduction in muscle and memory function is the outcome of normal aging. Researchers demonstrated the benefits of AICAR for enhanced motor coordination and cognition in an animal study. AICAR was found to improve gene expression, plasticity, and neural development. AICAR’s endurance-related characteristics may also have a role in aging brain health and muscular condition. This demonstrates that AICAR has a new therapeutic role in health.
AICAR’s Exercise mimetic activity:
According to a study, researchers experimented with physical running and the usage of AICAR (5-Aminoimidazole-4-carboxamide 1-β-D-ribofuranoside). The experiments lasted roughly 7 days, and the results were recorded on the first, third, and seventh days.
Both of these regimens were equally successful in raising BDNF (brain-derived neurotrophic factor) protein levels and DG (dentate gyrus) cells, according to the study’s findings. The activity of AICAR and running for the regulation of metabolic, neural, and mitochondrial associated genes had a remarkable overlap.
The data provided in this article about the AICAR peptide has been written to provide knowledge for the research advancement. The article is specifically designed to provide information about the AICAR rather than giving instructions about the use of AICAR. Furthermore, there has been no mention of the route of administration or dosage of the AICAR Peptide. The information provided in the article has been collected from different published researchers by a group of expert researchers keeping the medical protocols in view.
Furthermore, this article does not contain information that will encourage the readers to consume or advertise AICAR. We do not condone any advertisement of any supplement or drug that the FDA has not approved. Melanotan Express insists that no product should be ingested under any circumstances.
- Ruegsegger, Gregory N., et al. “5‐Aminoimidazole‐4‐carboxamide ribonucleotide prevents fat gain following the cessation of voluntary physical activity.” Experimental physiology 102.11 (2017): 1474-1485.
- Article title: AICA_ribonucleotide/ Website: Wikipedia URL:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AICA_ribonucleotide
- Marie, Sandrine, et al. “AICA-ribosiduria: a novel, neurologically devastating inborn error of purine biosynthesis caused by mutation of ATIC.” The American Journal of Human Genetics 74.6 (2004): 1276-1281.
- Van Den Neste, Eric, Georges Van den Berghe, and Françoise Bontemps. “AICA-riboside (acadesine), an activator of AMP-activated protein kinase with potential for application in hematologic malignancies.” Expert opinion on investigational drugs 19.4 (2010): 571-578.
- Moon, Hyo Youl, et al. “Conditioned media from AICAR-treated skeletal muscle cells increases neuronal differentiation of adult neural progenitor cells.” Neuropharmacology 145 (2019): 123-130.
- Iwabu, Masato, et al. “Elucidating exercise-induced skeletal muscle signaling pathways and applying relevant findings to preemptive therapy for lifestyle-related diseases.” Endocrine Journal(2021): EJ21-0294.
Where to Buy AICA Ribonucleotide (AICAR)?
Melanotan Express offers AICAR for sale with at least 99% purity. If you are looking to purchase AICAR peptide for research purposes, visit Melanotan Express, one of the leading suppliers of the USA SARMS and peptides for sale online: