Description of Sildenafil:
- Time of action – 20 minutes
- Chemical formula – C22H30N6O4S
- Half-life – 3.5-4 hours
- Molecular weight – 474.6 g/mol
- 5-[2-ethoxy-5-(4-methylpiperazin-1-yl) sulfonyl phenyl]-1-methyl-3-propyl-6H-pyrazolo[4,3-d] pyrimidin-7-one
- Sildenafil Citrate
Pfizer company was the first developer of the sildenafil product. Initially, this drug was developed to intervene in the problems and treatment of chest pain and angina pectoris. During conducting the clinical trials related to sildenafil, different researchers found that sildenafil had more to offer than the typical treatments. Sildenafil was more effective for treating erectile dysfunction and male erections.
Sildenafil acquired its FDA approval in the year 1998 for the treatment of erectile dysfunction and other sexual dysfunctions. By the time of the year 2008, the distribution and marketing of sildenafil reach an economy of 2-billion dollars throughout the globe. Since this time, the fame and popularity of sildenafil are continuously increasing.
Mechanism of action:
The mechanism of action for the sildenafil consists of two main processes: enhancement in the NO (nitric oxide) and inhibition of PDE5 (phosphodiesterase type-5). PDE5 causes the degradation of cGMP in the corpus cavernosum. With the release of nitric oxide, PDE5 inhibition occurs to increase the concentration of cGMP levels in response to local sexual stimulation.
In response to this sexual stimulation, the typical response is the erection of the penis in males. In erectile dysfunction, men are unable to undergo erection. Therefore, sildenafil citrate can help control the body’s enzymes to keep the penis erection while stroking and stimulation.
Pulmonary hypertension is the problem of the lungs that is most commonly present in neonates and causes mortality. In pulmonary hypertension, infants or adults undergo less (NO) nitric oxide concentration. Inhalation of NO can assist in the treatment and ventilation, but it can be less appropriate or adequate for individuals sensitive to this compound. High concentrations of phosphodiesterase in the pulmonary vessels can result in blockage, which requires the PDE5 inhibitors or sildenafil.
According to different studies and researches, a slow increase in the sildenafil dosage can help in improving erectile dysfunction. These studies also showed that males who received a dosage of sildenafil for about four weeks had 100% improvement or enhancement for their erectile dysfunction. Moreover, this compound also has less evidence of side effects than all other alternative treatments.
The data provided in this article about Sildenafil Citrate has been written to provide knowledge for the research purposes only. The article is specifically designed to provide information about Sildenafil rather than giving instructions about the use of it.. Furthermore, there has been no mention of the route of administration or dosage of the Sildenafil Citrate. The information provided in the article has been collected from different published researchers by a group of expert researchers keeping the medical protocols in view.
Furthermore, this article does not contain any information to encourage readers to consume or advertise Sildenafil. We do not condone any advertisement of any supplement or drug that the FDA has not approved. Melanotan Express insists that no product should be ingested under any circumstances.
- Sildenafil | C22H30N6O4S| ChemSpider. (n.d.). ChemSpider| http://www.chemspider.com/Chemical-Structure.5023.html
- Sildenafil |Neuroscience|Sciencedirect.com https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/neuroscience/sildenafil
- Sildenafil | Development of Viagra|Springer.com https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-0348-7945-3_1
- Hatzichristou, D. G. (2002). Sildenafil citrate: lessons learned from 3 years of clinical experience. International journal of impotence research, 14(1), S43-S52.
- Carson, C. C., Burnett, A. L., Levine, L. A., & Nehra, A. (2002). The efficacy of sildenafil citrate (Viagra®) in clinical populations: an update. Urology, 60(2), 12-27.
- Goldenberg, M. M. (1998). Safety and efficacy of sildenafil citrate in the treatment of male erectile dysfunction. Clinical therapeutics, 20(6), 1033-1048.
- Grunwald, J. E., Siu, K. K., Jacob, S. S., & Dupont, J. (2001). Effect of sildenafil citrate (Viagra) on the ocular circulation. American journal of ophthalmology, 131(6), 751-755.
Melanotan Express offers Sildenafil Citrate for Sale with at least 99% purity. If you are looking to buy Sildenafil Citrate for research purposes, visit Melanotan Express, one of the leading suppliers of the USA Peptides and SARMs for sale: