Initially, Follistatin was discovered in the cattle and pigs’ follicles for crucial muscle development regulation. This product had more evidence for reducing body fat and increased skeletal muscle mass among pigs and animals like mice. The percentage of lean muscle mass increased in the pigs after consuming this supplement. In the later stages, similar animal experiments were conducted as the human trials, which gave the same results.
Mechanism of action of follistatin:
Follistatin (Follistatin-344) is the secretory propeptide that functions as a potent inhibitor for the myostatin pathway for increasing skeletal muscle mass. This compound can interact with the “activating-inhibin axis” of the pituitary gland to suppress the secretions of follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) for its different clinical applications. In all the body tissues, follistatin has an individual expression for binding and bio-neutralizing the TGF-β and GDF-8 (growth differentiation factor-8).
Moreover, follistatin also helps induce an effect on the activation of the paracrine hormone to suppress the effects of myostatin and other inhibitors.
Clinical applications of follistatin:
Body systems regulation through gene therapy:
Follistatin is amongst those proteins that act as the body’s bifunctional messengers. Bifunctional messengers tend to display both autocrine and paracrine activities. Follistatin has its involvement in the different signaling and biological pathways, which can help bind different receptors as DIP2A, TLR4, and BMP.
Follistatin protein aids in the regulation (indirectly) of:
- Metabolic pathways
- Differentiation of tissues
- Cell cycles
- Participation in the pro-inflammatory intracellular signaling
However, follistatin also plays a vital role in anabolic and anti-catabolic effects to prevent muscle mass loss and enhance the density of follicles on the scalp.
According to different scientific researches and clinical trials, inhibition of myostatin can increase the ratio of muscle mass in the body. Any individual who lacks myostatin concentration can have a mutation in the MSTN gene (both copies) and have a more lean muscle mass ratio. According to different scientific studies, follistatin has good evidence of therapeutic management for the management of muscle-wasting diseases.
The data provided in this article about the Follistatin peptide has been written to provide knowledge for the research advancement. The article is specifically designed to provide information about the Follistatin rather than giving instructions about the use of it. Furthermore, there has been no mention of the route of administration or dosage of the Follistatin 344. The information provided in the article has been collected from different published researchers by a group of expert researchers keeping the medical protocols in view.
Furthermore, this article does not contain information that will encourage the readers to consume or advertise Follistatin. We do not condone any advertisement of any supplement or drug that the FDA has not approved. Melanotan Express insists that no product should be ingested under any circumstances.
- Follistatin |Medicine| sciencedirect.com https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/medicine-and-dentistry/follistatin
- Shimasaki, S., Koga, M., Buscaglia, M. L., Simmons, D. M., Bicsak, T. A., & Ling, N. (1989). Follistatin gene expression in the ovary and extragonadal tissues. Molecular Endocrinology, 3(4), 651-659.
- Chaly, Y., Hostager, B., Smith, S., & Hirsch, R. (2014). Follistatin-like protein 1 and its role in inflammation and inflammatory diseases. Immunologic research, 59(1), 266-272.
- Sylva, M., Moorman, A. F. M., & Van den Hoff, M. J. B. (2013). Follistatin‐like 1 in vertebrate development. Birth Defects Research Part C: Embryo Today: Reviews, 99(1), 61-69.
- Shimonaka, M., Inouye, S., Shimasaki, S., & Ling, N. (1991). Follistatin binds to both activin and inhibin through the common beta-subunit. Endocrinology, 128(6), 3313-3315.
- Mattiotti, A., Prakash, S., Barnett, P., & van den Hoff, M. J. (2018). Follistatin-like 1 in development and human diseases. Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences, 75(13), 2339-2354.
Where to purchase Follistatin?
Melanotan Express offers Follistatin for sale with at least 99% purity. If you are looking to purchase Follistatin for research purposes, visit Melanotan Express, one of the leading suppliers of the USA peptides and SARMs for sale: