Chemical formula – C45H55N9O6
Molecular mass – 818.0
- Pralmorelin (free base)
Discovery of GHRP2:
GHRP-2 is a newly discovered peptide found in the gut that binds with the GH (growth hormone) secretagogue receptors. GHRP-2 is found to be ghrelin’s synthetic agonist. There are two major effects of the ghrelin stimulation of appetite initiation and secretion of GH. There have been ongoing studies regarding the utility of GHRP-2 as the GHS (growth hormone secretagogue).
As per the discovery of GHRP-2, it is a valuable tool for investigating its effects on the different eating behaviors of humans. GHRP-2 (Pralmorelin) is an orally active and short-acting peptide that was originally developed in Germany (Polygen) and the USA (Tulane University). Later on, this compound was acquired by the pharmaceutical company (Kaken) in Japan.
Mechanism of action:
GHRP-2 is the GHS peptide synthesized as a reference to the physical structure of met-enkephalin. These peptides act on the internal receptors of GHS to stimulate the secretion of the GH. This compound tends to target the specific receptors as GHSR (growth hormone secretagogue receptors) in the brain’s hypothalamus to stimulate the secretion of growth hormone.
Acute administration of this compound helps in increasing the levels of GH (plasma growth hormone) and induces the specific sensations of food intake or hunger among humans. For individuals going through the complications of pituitary dwarfism and short stature, GHRP-2 can be prescribed as an effective intervention.
As per the recent discovery and extremely beneficial advantages, there are several clinical applications of GHRP-2.
The most common and exceptional effects of GHRP-2 are:
- Increase in the overall muscle mass through the promotion of muscle growth. An increase in the secretion of growth hormone tends to make the muscles work and contract, resulting in hypertrophy. Other than the increase in muscle mass, it also helps in building endurance and muscle strength for enhanced performance
- Improvement in the overall regeneration of body cells and tissues
- Fat burning benefits for managing the weight. As discussed earlier, GHRP-2 increases muscle mass (lean mass), which decreases the fat content of the body.
- It supports the enhanced production and synthesis of collagen. Collagen acts as a vital factor for the betterment and health of skin tissues. Moreover, this compound also improves the circadian rhythm to induce sound sleep, improve immunity, and enhance the body’s fight mechanism. As a result of enhanced body immunity, GHRP-2 aids in reducing the risk of different cardiovascular diseases.
The data provided in this article about GHRP-2 has been written to provide knowledge for the research purposes only. The article is specifically designed to provide information about GHRP-2 rather than giving instructions about the use of it. Furthermore, there has been no mention of the route of administration or dosage of the GHRP2. The information provided in the article has been collected from different published researchers by a group of expert researchers keeping the medical protocols in view.
Furthermore, this article does not contain any information to encourage readers to consume or advertise GHRP-2. We do not condone any advertisement of any supplement or drug that the FDA has not approved. Melanotan Express insists that no product should be ingested under any circumstances.
- Thomas, A., Kohler, M., Mester, J., Geyer, H., Schänzer, W., Petrou, M., & Thevis, M. (2010). Identification of the growth‐hormone‐releasing peptide‐2 (GHRP‐2) in a nutritional supplement. Drug testing and analysis, 2(3), 144-148.
- Pihoker, C., Kearns, G. L., French, D., & Bowers, C. Y. (1998). Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of growth hormone-releasing peptide-2: a phase I study in children. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, 83(4), 1168-1172.
- Van den Berghe, G., Baxter, R. C., Weekers, F., Wouters, P., Bowers, C. Y., Iranmanesh, A., … & Bouillon, R. (2002). The combined administration of GH‐releasing peptide‐2 (GHRP‐2), TRH and GnRH to men with prolonged critical illness evokes superior endocrine and metabolic effects compared to treatment with GHRP‐2 alone. Clinical endocrinology, 56(5), 655-669.
- Granado, M., Priego, T., Martín, A. I., Villanúa, M. Á., & López-Calderón, A. (2005). Anti-inflammatory effect of the ghrelin agonist growth hormone-releasing peptide-2 (GHRP-2) in arthritic rats. American Journal of Physiology-Endocrinology and Metabolism, 288(3), E486-E492.
- Laferrère, B., Abraham, C., Russell, C. D., & Bowers, C. Y. (2005). Growth hormone releasing peptide-2 (GHRP-2), like ghrelin, increases food intake in healthy men. The Journal of clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, 90(2), 611-614.
- Berlanga-Acosta, Jorge, et al. “Synthetic Growth Hormone-Releasing Peptides (GHRPs): a historical appraisal of the evidences supporting their cytoprotective effects.” Clinical Medicine Insights: Cardiology11 (2017): 1179546817694558.
Where to find GHRP-2 for Sale?
If you are looking to buy GHRP-2 for research purposes, visit Melanotan Express, one of the leading suppliers of the USA Peptides and SARMs for sale: https://www.melanotanexpress.com/product/ghrp-2-5mg/